Sunday, March 4, 2012

Day 2: 233.5 Pounds

How much does our daily intake of food and fluids weigh?  It's significant and when one cuts back on the input there should be an expectation of it showing up right away on the scale.  It will be a while before the weight loss is coming from significant amounts of fat being burned for energy.

When one follows the approach of waiting on hunger as the signal to eat, the infrequency of that signal is had to get use to.  You start going through the normal eating times without being hungry and it is a lot like waiting for the other shoe to drop.  Maybe it was mid-morning yesterday before I had a little snack.  Then mid-afternoon before I had one hot pocket.  Wasn't really hungry at night, but did eat something as prevention from waking in the middle of the night with a need for food. 

This morning I've had a grapefruit and maybe I'll get an apple later before thinking about something more substantial for lunch.  My rule of thumb on how much to eat at one time is somewhere in the neighborhood of 200-400 calories.  Sounds so small compared to what most of us view as an average meal.  On the other hand, that's a lot compared to the diet recommendations following gastric bypass surgery.  You know, if people would just follow the gastric bypass eating plan before getting surgery, there would be no need for any gastric bypass surgery.

---It's about 8 p.m. and I've hardly eaten all day because I haven't been hungry.  Maybe 1,000 calories total.  My goal in the last couple of hours today is to only eat if I get hungry.  There's a temptation to eat so I won't wake up in the middle of the night feeling starved.  Well, if that happens I'll just get up and eat something.  I've got to stop eating to keep hunger away and change to eating because I'm hungry.  That one basis change is all that should be needed to lose a lot of weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment