Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Day 5: 232.5 Pounds

My goal is to reach 175 pounds so it's easy to look at early loses and feel like little progress is being made.  And truthfully, little progress has been made so far.  I've traveled this road between 236 and 232.5 so many times in recent years.  Sometimes while "really trying" to lose weight, sometimes just over the course of normal life.  Jockeying back and forth between these weights in the 230's is like driving around on city streets instead of hitting the highway for a total change of environment.

Still, you have to drive on city streets to get to the entrance for the highway.  I guess that highway entrance for me starts when I hit a number below 230.  That sub-230 number will mean that at least I've started the journey, gotten on the highway and am pointed in the right direction.  It might even represent that I've cleared the city limits.  It would still leave a long way to go, but it would be a somewhat serious start.

It's a little hard to look over the horizon and see the final destination.  For now, I'm just trying to get to the interstate and make sure that I get on the entrance ramp that will take me the right way.  It might take a week to get there, maybe two, but time isn't really a factor when setting out to lose weight.  Continuing towards the final destination in a persistent manner is all that matters.  So far, I'm sticking to that plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment