Saturday, March 10, 2012

Day 8: 233.5 Pounds

Haven't backtracked but did sort of take a detour or rest stop or something and haven't been following my 3 simple rules for losing weight.  Consequently, I haven't been losing weight.

Wednesday got me off track and I know that Wednesdays are always going to be difficult.  I leave work at 4 and go visit Mother for about an hour, then go to the pub and meet a group of friends.  It all involves no food and about 4 beers, not a great combination.  Plus, I don't get home for supper till around 7:30 so it makes me feel like I need a bigger lunch and maybe a bigger afternoon snack.  With my Wednesdays, I'll just have to do the best I can.

The problem this week is that the getting off track on Wednesday then bleed over into Thursday and Friday.  It's so easy to fall back into old habits, especially when those old habits allow for more eating and include stops at the candy bowl. 

Well, it's about 11 on Saturday and so far I've stuck to the plan with just a bagel eaten around mid-morning.  I am going out to shoot music videos tonight and the music starts around 10:30 and goes till after 1 Sunday morning.  That's problematic.  The key is that when perfection isn't possible, at least make an effort to do as good as possible.  After that, make an effort to get right back on course without two days of enjoying the detour.

No comments:

Post a Comment